Saturday, June 21, 2014

inspection done

So the home inspection has been done and I didn't find out anything I didn't already know. It's a house that's almost 30 years old. It has some issues (roof, horrible recalled composite siding, normal stuff).

But, now that that's over with I get to worry myself about the appraisal. I'm very worried that the roof AND siding will be required repairs when the seller has only agreed to do the siding if it's required. Because I'm a master at figuring out scenarios in which things go horrifically wrong. And my Xanax has run out.

But, lots to keep myself busy with. Painting, floors, removal of wallpaper, removal of popcorn ceilings. All on the "get done eventually" list.

That roof, though. That'll probably be the first thing we have fixed. And of course we'll put on a metal one and have new insulation added to the attic spaces.

2 comments:

  1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, sweetie. As much as I worry, I am actually fairly optimistic that things will proceed without too much of an issue.

    ReplyDelete